GLOBAL MEMBERSHIP TEAM (GMT)
GLOBAL MEMBERSHIP TEAM COORDINATOR MESSAGE
As we approach the second half of our 2019-2020 Lions year, the Global Membership Team would like to remind you that we need to take a proactive approach and plan our strategies for increasing our Club’s membership.
As we think about prospective members, I’m sure at some point you have been asked one or more of these questions: “Why should I join the Lions? Who are the Lions? What do the Lions do?
I suggest incorporating this short “Elevator Speech” to initiate the conversation.
Lions International is the world’s largest service organization with over 1.4 million men and women in 210 countries and geographic areas.
1. We are dedicated to serving those in need in our communities or around the world.
2. We have a global mission of assisting those with visual difficulties.
3. We offer leadership opportunities and training.
In addition, here are some other key points which you can include that reinforce the reasons why someone should join the Lions:
• Friendship – In our complex world, Lions provide this basic need.
• The opportunity to make a difference – As an individual, you have limited impact, but as part of a group, you can achieve so much more.
• Personal growth and development – Lions membership aids your growth and education in human relations and personal development.
• Citizenship in the community – Becoming a Lion increases your awareness of the needs in your community and affords you the ability to be a part of initiating programs to address those needs.
• Lions are Fun – Meetings, Club projects, social activities, and most importantly, Service are all fun!!
• Lions “Make Things Happen” – Wherever there is a need, you’ll find the Lions, involved in getting the job done and making things happen. We are always ready to roll up our sleeves and find a solution; no job is too big or too small.
• Family Programs – We offer the Cub Program, Leo Clubs, Family Unit Memberships, and other programs tailored towards families.
• Cultural Awareness – Around the world, practically every religion, country, culture, race, creed, political persuasion, language, color, and ethnic identity is found in Lionism. We are truly an International Organization.
Offering a range of programs providing help for the disadvantaged, both locally and internationally, Lions provide a multitude of aid to address both the medical and social needs of those less fortunate than ourselves.
And most importantly, the opportunities “To Serve” - Lions are a service club. This is the best reason for becoming a Lion; the chance to do as a group what we cannot achieve on our own, to serve our fellow man, and to do our part to make the world a better place. Our motto is simple, but says it all “We Serve.”What we do and who we are as Lions is our best advertisement. Please take advantage of these attributes to grow your Club and strengthen our membership. Our GMT and GLT Teams are ready and willing to help you achieve these goals and look forward to hearing from you.
PDG Dave Stitely
District 14-E Global Membership Coordinator